- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the mushrooms and onions for 4 to 5 minutes or until starting to brown and liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 400F.Grease or spray the cups of a 12-count standard muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until well-blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until well blended. Stir in the mushroom-onion mixture and basil.
- Divide batter equally among prepared cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 21 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in tin on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
**The basil is entirely optional. You can substitute a 1/2 teaspoon to a teapoon of your favorite dried herb or herb blend (e.g., dried basil, thyme, dill, herbes de Provence, etc.), or use fresh chives, parsley, or cilantro, too.
- Category: bread, muffin
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 126
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 102 mg
- Fat: 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5.4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6.2 g
- Cholesterol: 62 mg