- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil; whisk in the teff and salt. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and add the coconut oil, stirring until melted.
- Stir the flaxseed meal and remaining water into the teff mixture until blended. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon portions of the teff-flax mixture onto prepared sheet. Using your fingers, press it out to evenly cover the entire surface of the sheet, smoothing with fingers so that it is an even thickness (it need not be perfect).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and, using parchment, invert the cracker onto the sheet; peel off the parchment. Return to oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes longer or until crackers are dry and seem crisp. Remove from oven and, using a pizza wheel or sharp knife, immediately cut into bit-size crackers (I did 10 rows, 6 columns; you can make them any size you like).
- Cool completely. Store an airtight container at room temperature for 2 to 3 weeks,
Storage: Store the crackers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- Category: Crackers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cracker
- Calories: 19
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 32 mg
- Fat: 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.6 g
- Fiber: 0.7
- Protein: 0.6
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: egg-free, dairy free, ancient grain crackers, easy vegan gluten free crackers, whole grain teff crackers, teff crackers, egg-free, gluten-free, 3-ingredient crackers