Lemony arugula walnut spread made in minutes with white beans Loaded with superfoods, it is naturally gluten-free, grain-free and vegan.
- 6 cups (moderately packed) arugula
- 3/4 cup canned white beans (e.g., Great Northern or cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons water, plus more as needed
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more as needed
- Sriracha to taste
- Place all of the ingredients except the sriracha into a food processor or high speed blender. Process until smooth. adding a small amount more water as needed until a spreadable consistency.
- Season to taste with sriracha and additional salt as desired.
- Use s a sandwich/tartine spread, dip, topping/spread for pizza, pasta sauce, or anything else that sutis your fancy.
- Category: Spread/Dip
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 44
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 114 mg
- Fat: 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.9 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 1.4
- Cholesterol: 0 mg