- 1/3 cup rolled oats (quick-cooking or old-fashioned)
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup creamy nut or seed butter (e.g., peanut, cashew, sunflower seed, tahini)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of your favorite fruit jam, preserves, or marmalade
- In a high speed blender or food processor, process the oats until finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the baking powder and salt..
- Add the chickpeas, nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla to the food processor or blender; process until smooth. Transfer mixture to bowl with ground oats. Stir until mixture is well-blended.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Shape the dough into 24 (1-inch) balls; place them 1 inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet. Press your thumb into the center of each cookie, leaving an indentation. Loosely cover the pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, until pale golden. Transfer to a wire rack with a spatula and cool completely. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon jam into the center of each cookie and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 78
- Sugar: 4.8 g
- Sodium: 17 mg
- Fat: 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.3 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg