Healthy carrot cake cookies made with almond flour and oats! They are naturally vegan, oil-free, and gluten-free.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (certified GF, as needed)
- 1/4 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrot
- Optional: 3 tablespoons each of raisins and/or chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oats, almond flour, coconut, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the applesauce, coconut sugar, carrots, and (optional) raisins and/or walnuts, stirring until dough is combined and uniformly moist.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop 9 mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with fingertips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 11 to 13 minutes until golden brown and just set. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Storage: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator for 5 days, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 70
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 64.6 mg
- Fat: 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.2 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: breakfast cookie, almond flour, oats, vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, healthy cookie, cookie, oil-free cookies, egg-free, dairy-free, easy, carrot, carrot cake