The best vegan cashew cheesecake is also one of the easiest desserts you can make! No cooking required, it is also grain-free & gluten-free.
- 3/4 cup almonds or pecans
- 1/3 cup unsweetened flake coconut
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- 2–1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight in cold water)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, well-stirred
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- (optional) 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- (optional) toppings, such as fresh fruit, melted chocolate. or caramel sauce
- Line the bottom of a 6-inch springform pan with parchment paper or wax paper; grease sides of pan (coconut oil is a good choice)
- Place the almonds and coconut in a high-speed blender or food processor; process until finely chopped. add the dates, pulse, using on/off pulses; until dates are finely chopped and mixture comes together as a cohesive dough. Press mixture evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Filling: Drain the cashews and place in high-speed blender. Add the coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice and (optional) vanilla. Processor, stopping to scrape down blender several times, until completely smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared crust. Cover pan with foil and freeze for at least 12 hours until set. Let stand at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting into slices and serving.
- Let thaw at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Quick soak for cashews: If you do not have time to soak the cashews overnight, quick soak them! Place in a large bowl and cover with boiling water (enough to cover by an inch/2.5 cm). Let soak for 15 to 20 minutes until very plump, and then drain and rinse under cool water.
Storage: Store the cheesecake, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/10 of cheesecake
Keywords: cashews, cashew cheesecake, vegan cheesecake, grain-free, gluten-free, paleo, coconut oil, dairy-free, egg-free