- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup packed, very soft dates (about 6-8)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (or any creamy nut/seed butter, e.g., almond, sunflower seed, tahini)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2/3 all-natural vegan, vanilla protein powder (like this, or use your favorite)
- 1/3 cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds), toasted
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan (e.g. parchment paper, foil, plastic wrap)
- In a large food processor, process the chickpeas, dates, peanut butter, vanilla and salt until smooth, stopping and scraping the sides of processor bowl once or twice.
- Add the protein powder, pepitas and cranberries. Pulse until very well combined and mixture looks like a dough ball (if not, add a bit more protein powder).
- Press mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or freeze 1 hour until firm. Remove using pan liner and cut into bars, Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks (or freeze for up to 2 months).
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 3.9 grams
- Sodium: 201 mg
- Fat: 4.8 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 grams
- Carbohydrates: 12.7 grams
- Fiber: 2.7 grams
- Protein: 10.8 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 mg