Chocolate chip peanut butter banana oat bars are the perfect portable breakfast or healthy snack, anytime! Made with 4 simple ingredients, they are vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and 80 calories each.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mashed very ripe banana
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) creamy peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1 and 1/2 cups rolled oats (certified gluten-free, as needed)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (see notes for options)
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper (or simply spray with nonstick cooking spray).
- In a medium bowl, combine the banana and peanut butte until smooth. Add the oats and chocolate chips, stirring until completely blended.
- Spread into prepared baking pan, pressing down firmly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 14 to 17 minutes until the surface looks and feel dry and the edges are golden brown.
- Cool in the pan for 45 minutes to an hour before cutting into 16 bars.
Storage: Store the cooled bars in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, the refrigerator 1 week, or the freezer for up to 2 months.
Chocolate Chip Subs: An equal amount of chopped nuts, seeds or dried fruit can be used in place of the chocolate chips.
- Category: Bars
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 52.1 mg
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.3 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: oats, banana, panut butter, bars, breakfast bars, 4 ingredients, easy, 1 bowl, gluten-free, vegan. egg-free, dairy-free, oil-free