- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound potatoes (Gold or russet), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 pounds zucchini, trimmed, cut into small cubes
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence or Italian herb blend
- fine sea salt & black pepper
- Optional: strips of zucchini, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes until softened.
- Add the potato, zucchini, and broth; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the water, herbs, and 3/4 teaspoon salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Purée soup in batches in a high-speed blender. Return puree to same pan. Cook and stir over low heat to warm through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with zucchini strips, if desired.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of soup
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 789 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 13.6 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg
Keywords: 5 ingredients, 5 ingredient soup, vegan soup, egg-free, dairy-free, nut-free, grain-free, creamy vegan soup, zucchini, creamy zucchini potato soup