- 4 –1/2 cups shredded zucchini (about 4 medium, 2 lbs)
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil (e.g., olive oil, avocado oil)
- Set a mesh sieve or colander over the large bowl; line with a clean dish towel
- Place zucchini on top of towel and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Let stand for at least 30 minutes
- Gather the ends of the dish towel together and squeeze as much liquid as possible from the zucchini into the bowl; discard liquid and place zucchini in bowl.
- Add the milk, green onions, chickpea flour, baking powder, Sriracha, and remaining salt to bowl; mix with wooden spoon until well blended.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, drop 1/4 cupfuls of zucchini mixture into skillet, flattening slightly; cook until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer fritters to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining batter, adding remaining oil as needed.
*You can keep the fritters warm in a 200°F oven as you cook the batches.
*Feel free to vary these with your favorites herbs (e.g., basil, dill,cilantro) or a bit of nutritional yeast for a cheese-y flavor.
- Category: appetizer, snack, side-dish
- Serving Size: 3 fritters
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 169 mg
- Fat: 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 4.3 g
- Cholesterol: 53 mg