Welcome fall with a bowl of fresh apple pie granola, made with chopped fresh apples baked in! It is healthy, vegan, and gluten-free.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (certified GF, as needed)
- 1 large tart-sweet apple, peeled and chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Optional: 1/2 cup dried cranberries , dried cherries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, apple, pecans, and pepitas.
- In a small bowl. whisk together the maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger, salt and nutmeg until well blended.
- Add syrup mixture to the oats mixture and stir until well coated. Spread mixture in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until oats are golden brown. Let cool completely on pan.
- Transfer granola to an airtight container and stir in dried fruit, if using.
Storage: Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Sweetener Options: An equal amount of honey (if not vegan) or brown rice syrup can be used in place of the maple syrup. You can also use an equal amount of coconut sugar or brown sugar If using the sugar option, add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 10.5 g
- Sodium: 71 mg
- Fat: 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.9 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: apple pie granola, fall granola, apple pie, granola, vegan, healthy, fresh apple, oats, egg-free, dairy-free, healthy, clean eating, clean eats, fitness food