Super-fuel your day by starting it with banana chia overnight oats! Made in minutes, it is vegan, gluten-free, & high-fiber.
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (certified GF, as needed)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup nondairy milk (any variety)
- 2/3 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: pinch of salt
Suggested toppings: nut butter or seed butter, fresh or dried fruit, pinch of spice (e.g., cinnamon, ginger, cardamom), mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs, chopped nuts or seeds
- Place the oats ad chia in a 16-ounce jar. Add the nondairy milk, banana, maple syrup, vanilla, and (optional) pinch of salt, stirring until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Serve with any of the suggested toppings, as desired.
- Serving Size: about 1-1/4 cups
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 15.7 g
- Sodium: 271 mg
- Fat: 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.5 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg