- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175C). Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch (22.5 cm) cast iron skillet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk, oil, pumpkin, and maple syrup well blended.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended. Stir in blueberries.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle top with a bit of sugar.
- Bake for 23 to 28 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely in the skillet on a wire rack. Cut into 12 pieces to serve.
Plain Not-Cornbread: Omit the blueberries, reduce the maple syrup to 1 tablespoon and increase nondairy milk by 2 tablespoons.
- Category: Bread
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 102 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 6.7 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 31 mg