Oil-free buckwheat granola that is loaded with flavor and ancient grain nutrition! It is naturally vegan, oat-free & gluten-free, and mostly sweetened with banana.
- 2 cups raw buckwheat groats
- 1 and 1/2 cups assorted nuts and/or seeds
- 1 cup large flake unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup mashed, VERY ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons runny almond butter, peanut butter or tahini
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried fruit, chopped if needed
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the buckwheat groats, nuts/seeds and coconut flakes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the banana, almond butter, coconut sugar, cardamom, salt and vanilla until blended.
- Add the banana mixture to the buckwheat mixture and stir until well coated. Spread mixture in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring once or twice, or until buckwheat and nuts/seeds are golden brown. Let cool completely on pan.
- Transfer granola to an airtight container and stir in dried fruit.
Storage: Store the cooled granola in an airtight container at cool room temperature for 2 weeks or freeze for up to 6 months.
Tip: Like other granola recipes, you can adjust this one to match your tastes and what you have on hand.
- Category: Breakfast, Cereal
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 6.4 g
- Sodium: 109 mg
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: buckwheat granola, oat-free, oil-free, gluten-free, low sugar, oil-free granola, vegan, egg-free, dairy-free