- 2 cups (240 grams) chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1–2/3 cup natural cane sugar (or other granulated sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1–1/2 cups freeze-dried berries (about 1.2 oz) or 1 cup dried berries of choice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes until light and fluffy.Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the eggs and almond extract; beat for 1 minute until blended and smooth. Stir in flour mixture by hand until just blended. Stir in berries.
- Tightly cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto the prepared sheet, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until just set at the edges (centers will be slightly soft). Let cool on the pan for 2 minutes and the transfer cookies to wire rack (using metal spatula) to cool completely.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies