- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional)
- 3/4 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla and (optional) espresso powder until blended. Add the flour mixture, stirring until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1-inch. Space 2 inches apart on prepared sheet and flatten slghtly with palm.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes until set at edges (centers may still look slightly soft). Let cool on sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to cooling rack and cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 8.0 g
- Sodium: 64 mg
- Fat: 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.3 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 8 mg