- 1–3/4 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, warmed slightly until soft
- 1 cup PLUS 3 tablespoons natural cane sugar, divided uses
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, nutmeg, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and 1 cup sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add egg, applesauce, and vanilla, beating well.
- Gradually add flour mixture to coconut oil mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Combine cinnamon remaining 3 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Roll dough into 1 -inch balls, and roll in sugar mixture. Place on prepared baking sheets, and flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and cool completely.