Say hello to the best ever vegan mayonnaise: it’s my 4-Ingredient Chickpea Flour Mayonnaise ! It is soy-free, frugal, and easy to make, too.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in the chickpea flour and salt. Cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Reduce the heat to medium-low; cook, whisking, for 4 to 5 minutes longer, until thickened. Transfer mixture to glass bowl or container; cover and refrigerate until cold.
- Transfer the cold chickpea mixture to a blender. Add the oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt (as desired) and optional cayenne; blend for at least 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides of container, until the mayonnaise is blended, light, fluffy and pale in color.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Use as you would any other mayonnaise or aioli!
Aioli: Use extra-virgin olive oil for the oil and add 2 small cloves garlic, mashed into a paste, when blending all of the ingredients in a blender.
Lemon Mayonnaise: Increase the lemon juice to 4 tablespoons and add 2 teaspoons of finely grated lemon zest when blending all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Category: condiment
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 43
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 47 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.9 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan mayonnaise, chickpea flour, 4 ingredients, chickpea flour mayonnaise, egg-free, soy-free, vegan, easy