You can’t pack a bowl of oatmeal to go, so grab a few of my healthy, 100% oat biscotti instead! They are vegan, flourless, gluten-free, nut-free, and 100% delicious!
- 2 and 1/4 cups (200 g) rolled oats (certified GF, as needed)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) flaxseed meal
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries (or chopped dried fruit of choice)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) nondairy milk or water
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) coconut oil, melted, or vegetable oil of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175C°). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a food processor, pulse the oats into a rough flour. Add the flaxseed meal, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, dried cranberries, and coconut sugar. Pulse to combine.
- Add the milk, oil and vanilla. Pulse until the dough comes together and the cranberries are chopped.
- Divide dough in half. Place each portion on the prepared baking sheet. Using moistened hands, shape into two parallel 12×2-inch (20×5 cm) rectangles, spaced about 3 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and center is set. Let cool completely on baking sheet. Reduce oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Place rectangles on a cutting board and cut at sharp diagonals into 3/4-inch (1.75 cm) slices. Place slices, cut side down, on same parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Transfer biscotti to wire racks to cool completely.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 biscotto
- Calories: 64
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 53 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: biscotti, oats, oat biscotti, vegan, flourless, gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, flax, portable breakfast