- 1 cup chilled nonfat milk (or nondairy milk of choice)
- 1 medium banana, peeled, cut into pieces, and frozen
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 3 raw almonds
- Optional add-ins for flavor: 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract or drop of almond extract, 2 teaspoons cacao nibs or unsweetened coconut flakes (or both), stevia
- In a blender, process the milk, banana, oats, almonds, and any optional flavorings until completely smooth.
- Serve immediately OR store in a covered container and refrigerate for up to 8 hours (shake well before serving).
Note: use certified gluten-free oats to make this recipe gluten-free. To make it grain-free, omit the oats and increase the almonds to 6 total.
- Serving Size: entire recipe
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 131 mg
- Fat: 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.0
- Carbohydrates: 30.5 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 10.6
- Cholesterol: 5 mg