- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup nondairy milk (see note)
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon sugar (2 tsp coconut sugar + 1/2 tsp cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray 20 cups of a 24-count mini muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, chickpea flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk in the milk, oil and vanilla until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes (if batter seems to thick, add a bit more milk or water; coconut flours vary in absorbency).
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cups. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 13 to 16 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Transfer tin to a cooling rack and cool completely in tin. Remove bites from the muffin cups.
Milk Options: Use the nondairy milk you like (e.g., soy, milk, almond). If you are not vegan, feel free to use dairy milk. Do not use full fat coconut milk; it is too dense for this recipe. If you choose to use it, water it down (half water, half coconut milk).
- Category: Dessert, Snack, Portable Power Food
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 31
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 41 mg
- Fat: 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.1 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg