But this is a bonus. I”m giving away 10 free copies of my Chickpea Flour Cookbook!
My list of reasons for loving chickpea flour is long, but here are my top five:
- Ease of use and versatility: Chickpea flour is ideal for creating everything from baked goods, main dishes, pastas, breakfast fare, snacks, desserts, and more. No gums or additional starches are needed.
- Very low cost: Chickpea flour has a cost comparable to whole wheat flour (or lower).
- High (and high quality) protein content: One cup of chickpea flour contains 22 grams of protein, 6 times as much protein as all-purpose wheat flour. Moreover, its amino acid composition is very close to meat protein.
- High fiber content: One cup of chickpea flour contains 20 grams of dietary fiber (by contrast, all-purpose wheat flour has 2.6 grams per cup). Chickpea flour is also a low glycemic index (GI) food.
- Great taste and texture: Chickpea flour, like cooked chickpeas, has a natural buttery, nutty flavor and a texture that can be creamy, crispy or crunchy, all depending on the preparation.
All of the recipes in the book are grain-free, gluten-free, and nut-free. Most of the recipes are naturally dairy-free and egg-free, but those that are not have modifications for making them so.
The recipes cover everything from breakfast to lunch to dinner, with snacks, sauces and vegetable side dishes, too.
Entering to win a copy is easy. Here is all that I request:
1. Leave a comment at the end sharing an answer to the following: Have you tried (eating, making, or both) anything unusual that was made with beans or bean flour? For example, I recently had some granola that had some bean flour in it–it was scrumptious. I also had a piece of pinto bean cake that wasn’t. You can be brief!
2. If you feel like it...“Like” or follow Power Hungry on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or Pinterest. Not at all required. But I will be very grateful. If you have already “liked” Power Hungry, thank you!
3. Giveaway ends May 2, 2016 at midnight PST. US Residents only. Winners will be chosen via Random.org. I’ll post the names here and notify the winners by email. Winners will have 72 hours to respond to my email.
4. Only one entry per person please 🙂
I’ll be posting some of my favorite recipes from the book in the days and weeks to come, including how to grind your own chickpea flour. Enjoy!