Say hello to peanut butter and chocolate chip blondies that double as healthy fitness snacks! They are naturally vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, flourless, and all-around fabulous!
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened peanut butter (see notes for options)
- 2 very ripe medium-large bananas
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 to 3 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray the 10 cups of a standard 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a food processor or high speed blended, process the oats until powdery. Add all of the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the baking soda. Process until completely smooth. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes to allow the flaxseed to thicken the batter. Sprinkle batter with baking soda; process until incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cups. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown at edges (centers will initially puff and then deflate into fudgy goodness).
- Let cool in tin on a wire rack for 15 minutes and then carefully remove blondies from tin. Serve warm or let cool completely.
Tip: You can use any creamy nut or seed butter (e.g., almond, sunflower, tahini) in place of the peanut butter.
Milk: Use any plain nondairy milk except for full-fat coconut milk. If you are not avoiding dairy, feel free to use dairy milk.
- Category: Portable Power Pucks, Snack, Breakfast, Dessert
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 141
- Fat: 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.4 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 4.0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg