A new riff on classic Lara Bars: 3-ingredient apricot and lemon bars, made with coconut flour! They are nut-free and seed-free, as well as vegan, paleo, grain-free and gluten-free.
- 2 medium lemons
- 1 cup packed (moist) dried apricots
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- Optional: large pinch of sea salt
- Grease or spray 8 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- Finely grate 1-1/2 teaspoons zest from the lemons. Juice the lemons; measure out 1/4 cup juice (add some water, if needed, to make it 1/4 cup)
- In a food processor, process the apricots into a paste, stopping to scrape bowl as needed. Add the coconut flour (plain, or toasted; see note below), juice, zest and (optional) salt.; pulse until blended, stopping to scrape bowl as needed.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal portions, rolling each into a ball. Press balls into prepared cups, smoothing tops. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before removing from cups.
Storage: Store in a an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days, in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Toasting the Coconut Flour: Place the coconut flour in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes until golden-brown and fragrant.
Variation: An equal amount of any other moist, dried fruit can be used in place of the apricots. Other juices (e.g., orange juice, lime juice, apple juice) can be used in place of the lemon juice and zest
- Method: No-bake
- Serving Size: 1 round energy bar
- Calories: 74
- Sugar: 12.1 g
- Sodium: 13 mg
- Fat: 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.5 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g