- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini (see notes for options)
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons nondairy milk or water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1–1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (more or less to taste)
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro or parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray all 12 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and carrots, cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes until softened (add 1 or 2 teaspoons of water to skillet, if needed). Let cool slightly.
- In a food processor or blender, process chickpeas, tahini, garlic, milk, lemon juice, cumin, salt and cayenne until blended and smooth; scrape into a large bowl. Stir in vegetables, flaxseed meal and cilantro until combined.
- Divide mixture among prepared muffin cups, (about a heaping 1/3 cup each), smoothing tops.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Let cool in tin 20 minutes before removing from muffin tin. Serve warm, room temp, or chilled.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or the freezer for up to 3 months. The pucks will keep at room temperature (lunchbox, travel, hiking) for about 2 days.
Tahini: An equal amount of unsweetened nut or seed butter, or 1 tablespoon olive oil, can be used in pace of the tahini.
- Category: portable power pucks, snack, lunch
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 1.0 g
- Sodium: 139 mg
- Fat: 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.2 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg