Incredibly delicious, and healthy, coffee protein bars, made with ease in a muffin tin! They are vegan, gluten-free, and have 11 calories and 9 grams of protein each.
- 15-ounce can of white beans (I used Great Northern), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened vanilla rice protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional: 1 -2 tablespoons vegan white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray 8 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, process the beans, applesauce, coconut oil, maple syrup, espresso powder, vanilla and salt until blended and smooth. Add the protein powder; process, using on/off pulses, until completely blended.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared cups (about 3 tablespoons per cup), smoothing tops.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes until tops are golden brown and center is just set. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely in tin. Refrigerate in tin at least 30 minutes before removing from tin. If desired, drizzle with melted white chocolate.
Storage: Store the coffee cakes in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, in the refrigerator for 1 week and frozen for up to 3 months.
Espresso Powder: If you do not have espresso powder, you can use 2-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee powder in its place.
- Serving Size: 1 "cake"
- Calories: 111
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 85 mg
- Fat: 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.8 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 8.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg