DIY apple pie protein bars, made with extra ease (no cutting!) in a muffin tin. Vegan, gluten-free, and no-bake, they are 143 calories and 10.4 grams of plant protein apiece.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup vanilla rice protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or preferred nut or seed butter)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: a few oats, a sprinkle of raw (Turbinado) sugar
- Grease or spray 5 cups of a standard size muffin tin.
- In a food processor, process the oats into a fine powder. Add the protein powder, coconut flour, spice and salt; pulse to combine. Add the applesauce, almond butter, maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla; pulse until completely blended, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Divide dough into 5 equal portions; roll each into a ball. Press 1 ball into each prepared cup, tamping down with a measuring cup to flatten. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set. If desired, sprinkle tops with a bits of oats and/or raw sugar.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Category: portable power puck, snack
- Serving Size: 1 puck
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 103 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 10. 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg