High protein rice crispie treats, made with plant-based protein powder. They are vegan, gluten-free, no-bake and under 100 calories.
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal (certified GF, as needed)
- 1/4 cup vanilla plant-based protein powder
- 3 tablespoons creamy nut or seed butter (I used almond butter)
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Grease or spray 8 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cereal and protein powder.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, cook and stir the nut/seed butter and syrup until mixture begins to bubble. Cook and stir for 30 seconds longer.
- Immediately pour over cereal mixture, stirring to coat thoroughly. Immediately scoop into prepared cups (I used a 1/4 cup muffin scoop).
- Use greased fingers or flat side of measuring cup to tamp down mixture into cups. Cool completely and the remove from muffin cups. If desired, drizzle tops with melted chocolate.
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. These do not freeze well.
- Category: snack, dessert
- Serving Size: 1 puck
- Calories: 92
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 51 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 5.1 g