Super-simple and so-versatile mini breads made with 2 ingredients: quinoa and flaxseed meal! They are naturally vegan, gluten-free, oil-free and perfect for all kinds of toppings.
- 2 cups cooked, cooled quinoa
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray 10 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a food processor or blender, process the quinoa and water until very well blended and almost completely smooth. Add the flaxseed meal and salt; process until completely blended.
- Divide the batter equally between the prepared cups (about 1/3 cup each). Press down and smooth tops with moistened fingertips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until set at the center and golden brown at edges. Let cool 10 minutes in tin, then transfer pucks to a wire rack to cool completely.
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tip: Cooked, cooled brown rice, sorghum, or millet can be used in place of the quinoa.
- Serving Size: 1 puck
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 81 mg
- Fat: 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.8 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg