AMade from an assortment of nuts and seeds, these delectable mushroom-rosemary breads double as mini meals! They are naturally grain-free, vegan, Paleo-friendly, and easy-to-make, too.
- In a small bowl, combine psyllium, water and 3 teaspoons of the olive oil. Let stand for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining teaspoon oil. Add the mushrooms and rosemary; cook and stir for 4 to 6 minutes until mushrooms are softened.
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts/seeds, flaxseed meal, and salt. Add the psyllium mixture and mushroom mixture, stirring to combine.Let stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray 8 cups of a standard size muffin tin. Divide mixture between prepared cups, smoothing tops.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes until pucks are firm at the center and sound hollow when tapped.
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 day, in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Chopping Nuts & Seeds: For best results, do not finely chop all of the seeds. Use some smaller seeds or finely chopped nuts and then chop some of the larger seeds and nuts more coarsely.
- Category: Bread, Snack
- Serving Size: 1 bread
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 99 mg
- Fat: 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 6.5 g