Spicy almond sesame clusters, a perfect snack made with ease in a muffin tin! They are naturally vegan, grain-free, Paleo and keto.
- 2–1/4 teaspoons whole psyllium husk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup whole raw almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease or spray 10 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a small bowl or cup, stir together the psyllium husk, water, oil, sriracha, and salt until blended. Let stand for 5 minutes to gel.
- In a medium bowl, place the almonds. Add the gelled psyllium mixture; using your hands, break up the psyllium mixture and thoroughly coated the almonds with it. Stir in the sesame seeds.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the cups (about 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons per cup), smoothing into an even round.
- Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes. Turn off oven and leave pucks in for 30 minutes longer (this helps dry out the psyllium). Remove from oven and cool completely in tin. Remove from tin.
Tip: It is easier to stir in the seeds AFTER coating the almonds with the psyllium mixture (otherwise, the seeds really stick to your hands).
Storage: Store the clusters in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or refrigerate for up to 1 month. These do not freeze well.
Variation: Use any combination of nuts and seeds that you like, as well as the seasonings of your choice.
- Category: Portable Power Pucks, snack
- Serving Size: 1 cluster
- Calories: 65
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 51 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.4 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg