Healthy buckwheat granola bars, made with ease without baking. They are vegan, gluten-free and are pressed into a muffin tin (no cutting required!).
- Grease or spray 10 cups of a standard size muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crisp rice cereal, oats, buckwheat groats and cherries.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, cook and stir the nut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt until mixture is melted and bubbling, Immediately pour over cereal mixture, stirring until well-coated. Divide mixture between the prepared cups. Using the bottom of a round measuring cup (grease or spray the bottom), firmly tamp down the mixture in each cup to compact.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours (or freeze for 45 to 60 minutes) until hard. Run a knife around edge of cup and gently pop out the round granola bars.
Puffed/Crisp Cereal: If using a crisp rice cereal, be sure to get a certified gluten-free brand if you are strictly gluten-free; otherwise, regular rice kirspies cereal is fine. You can also use puffed quinoa or puffed millet in its place (both are gluten-free).
- Category: Portable Power Pucks, snack, breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 puck
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 6.2 g
- Sodium: 59 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 2.2 g