- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup vanilla or chocolate rice protein powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk
- 2 tablespoons creamy nut or seed butter (I used almond butter)
- 1/8 tsp pure peppermint extract (you can add more to taste; my brand is strong!)
- 2–1/2 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease or spray 5 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, Whisk together the flaxseed meal, protien powder, cocoa powder, coconut flour and salt. Stir in the milk, nut/seed butter and peppermint extract until blended and smooth.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared cups, smoothing tops, Sprinkle top of each cup of batter with 1/2 teaspoon of the chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 19 to 22 minutes until centers are puffed slightly and surface appears dry (other than the chips). Let cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes. Run a knife around edge of each cup and lift out cookies.
Storage: Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Notes: As noted, I tested this recipe with vanilla rice protein powder. Other brands of plant based vanilla or chocolate protein powder should work just fine. The batter should be very thick and brownie like, but still moist. Add more liquid as needed (or , if too wet-looking add a few more teaspoons of coconut flour).
- Serving Size: 1 big cookie
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 65 mg
- Fat: 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.5 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg