Super-nutritious, flourless bread, made from oats, seeds and nuts. Baked in a muffin tine, they are naturally gluten-free and vegan.
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds (preferably roasted or toasted)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons whole psyllium husks
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sunflower seeds, oats, almonds, flaxseed meal, psyllium husk, chia seeds and salt. Stir in the warm water, coconut oil and syrup until blended. Let mixture stand, at room temperature, for 30 to 60 minutes (mixture should be very thick and stiff).
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease 8 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- Evenly divide the batter/dough between the prepared cups, smoothing tops so they are level.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove tin from oven and lift pucks out of their cups; place breads on edges of cups (see photo below the recipe).
- Return tin to oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes longer until deep brown at edges and tops. Transfer breads to a rack and cool completely.
Storage: Store in an airtight container (a) at room temp for 5 days; (b) in the refrigerator for 2 weeks or (3) in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Bread, Snack
- Serving Size: 1 bread
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 1.6 g
- Sodium: 76 mg
- Fat: 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.4 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg