- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 10 of the cups of a standard size 12-cup muffin tin
- In a small saucepan, combine teff and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Stir in milk, chickpea flour, flaxseed meal, raisins, molasses, and salt. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes longer until mixture is smooth and thick. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Divide batter equally among prepared cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 28 minutes or until firmly set. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Milk: Use any nondairy milk except for full fat coconut milk.
Storage: Store in an airtight container (1) at room temperature for 2 days, (2) in the refrigerator for 1 week or (3) in the freezer for 3 months.
- Category: Bread, Snack, Muffin
- Serving Size: 1 bread
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 4.7 g
- Sodium: 99 mg
- Fat: 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.7 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg