A favorite side-dish gets re-invented as portable snack! These broccoli, brown rice and cheese minis are vegan and gluten-free. A chickpea flour batter replace the eggs! Only 80 calories each too.
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup plain nondairy milk
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 12-oz bag frozen broccoli (preferably organic), thawed and drained well, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray 9 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- Whisk the chickpea flour, milk, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until blended. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir the brown rice, broccoli and baking powder into the chickpea batter; divided evenly among prepared cups, smoothing tops.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes until golden brown at edges and set at center. Transfer to rack and cool at least 20 minutes. Remove from cups. Serve warm or cool completely.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freezer for up to 3 months. Will keep at room temperature when traveling during the day (e.g., in lunchbag).
- Category: lunch, dinner, snack
- Serving Size: 1 casserole mini
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 2.3 g
- Sodium: 107 mg
- Fat: 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.2 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg