- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded carrots (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons raisins, chopped
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons hemp hearts or seeds of choice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray 6 cups of a standard size muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the chickpea flour, flaxseed meal, spice, baking powder and salt. Add the applesauce, sugar and vanilla, stirring until well-blended. Stir in the carrots and raisins until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cups, smoothing tops, If desired, sprinkle with hemp hearts.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 19 to 23 minutes until centers are springy and just set. Cool on wire rack in tin for 15 minutes. Remove from tin and serve warm or cool completely.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months. These will keep (for traveling and toting) without refrigeration for about 3 days.
- Category: Portable Power Pucks, dessert, snack, breakfast
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 8.2 g
- Sodium: 92 mg
- Fat: 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.7 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg