- 2/3 cup (packed) dates (see notes for options)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed kernels (raw or roasted/toasted)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- Optional: pinch of fine sea salt
- Grease or spray 6 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- Place the dates in a small bowl and cover with hot (not boiling) water to cover. Let stand 10 minutes and then drain.
- In a food processor, process the sunflower seeds into a fine flour. Add drained dates; process until blended. Add the cocoa powder, coconut flour and optional salt; process until blended into a cohesive “dough”.
- Remove dough from processor and divide into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and press each into a prepared muffin cup. . Refrigerate at least 30 minutes (until firm) before removing from tin).
Storage: Store the pucks in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months. These will keep at room temperature for more than a day, but will get softer.
Dried Fruit Options: Other moist dried fruit, such as raisins or prune can be used in place of the dates. The pucks will have a slightly fruity flavor (like chocolate covered raisins).
- Category: portable power pucks, snack
- Serving Size: 1 puck
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 9.6 g
- Sodium: 6 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.5 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg