Super-fast and easy flax and white bean breads! They are vegan, grain-free, oil-free, sugar-free, and made with 4 ingredients.
- 3/4 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained (1/2 a 15-oz can; I used Great Northern beans)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease or spray 8 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a food processor or blender, process drained beans and water until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl; stir in flaxseed meal, coconut flour, salt (as desired) and baking powder until blended and smooth. Divide batter evenly among prepared cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 23 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and the centers are just set. Let cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove the breads to rack to cool completely.
Storage: The breads will keep in a airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 3 months. The can be toted around at room temperature for 2 to 3 days.
Water: You can also use any nondairy milk you like (except for full fat coconut milk) in place of the water. If you are not avoiding dairy, feel free to use dairy milk.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 52
- Sugar: 0.1 g
- Sodium: 63 mg
- Fat: 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg