- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoons whole psyllium husk
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (or spice of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup nondairy milk (plain or vanilla)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1–3/4 cups GF 1/4-inch bread cubes (or regular, rustic-style bread if GF not needed)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil, melted
- Optional: 1-2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease or spray 6 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, psyllium, optional cardamom and salt. Gradually whisk in milk (going slowly means fewer lumps). Whisk in the maple syrup and vanilla. Add the breadc cubes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes. Gently stir in the blueberries an coconut oil; divide mixture equally between prepared cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in tin on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Run a knife around edge of each cups and remove puck. Serve warm, room temperature or cold. If desired, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Category: Portable Power Pucks, breakfast, brunch
- Serving Size: 1 puck
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 10.5 g
- Sodium: 113 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg