Quick and easy mini soda breads, made with chickpea flour! They are grain-free, vegan, gluten-free, and have an optional “everything bagel” topping.
- Optional “Everything Bagel” Topping:
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2/3 cup nondairy milk (I used plain almond milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar (neutral one, like white or cider vinegar)
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1–1/2 teaspoons maple syrup (or sweetener of choice, dry or liquid)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Generously grease or spray 6 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a small bowl or cup, stir together milk and vinegar. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, flaxseed meal, baking soda and salt.
- Add the milk mixture, olive oil, and maple syrup; stir until blended. Divide batter evenly among prepared cups. Sprinkle evenly with topping, if using.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 14 to 16 minutes until puffed, golden brown ad a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in tin set on a cooling rack (they stick like crazy until they are cool! If you do not want to wait, line the tins with liners instead). Run knife around edge of each cup and remove from tin.
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, in the refrigerator for 1 week or freezer for 3 months.
- Category: Portable Power Pucks, Muffins, Bread
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 171 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.1 g
- Fiber: 4.1 g
- Protein: 5.2 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg