- 6 ounces frozen cauliflower (1/2 of a 12-oz package)
- 1 cup plain nondairy milk (I used almond)
- 3 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (see note)
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 8 cups of a standard muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Steam the cauliflower according to the package; drain and cool slightly. Process the cauliflower together with the milk, flaxseed meal, and olive oil in a food processor until blended and smooth
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and pepper; add the cauliflower mixture, stirring until blended. Divide batter evenly among prepared cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown at edges and centers feel set when lightly touched. Transfer tin to cooling rack an cool completely in tin. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Fresh Caulifower: I used frozen cauliflower for convenience, but you can use 6 ounces of fresh chopped cauliflower in its place. You will need to steam it until it is fork-tender.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days; these do not freeze well. These will keep at room temperature for up to 3 hours.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bread
- Calories: 52
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 82 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.2 g
- Fiber: 3.0 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cauliflower coconut flour bread, keto bread, savory bread, low calorie keto bread, easy keto vegan bread, egg-free, no eggs