- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar (or packed brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1–1/2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1–1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line 8 cups of a standard muffin tin with foil or paper liners.
- Topping: Place all of the topping ingredients into the bowl of a small food processor; process until mixture clumps together into moist crumbs. Transfer mixture to a small bowl (not need to wipe out food processor bowl). Place crumbs in freezer while making batter.
- Batter: Place all of the batter ingredients into the bowl of the food processor; process until completely smooth. Divide batter evenly between prepared cups. Sprinkle evenly with prepared topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 19 to 23 minutes until topping is browned and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in tin and then transfer cakes to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Storage: Store the cakes in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for 1 day, in the refrigerator for 5 days or the freezer for 3 months.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Serving Size: 1 cake/muffin
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 14.2 g
- Sodium: 86 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.4 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg