My DIY version of Sweet and Spicy Kind Bars (barbecue flavor). They are easy to make, plus vegan, grain-free, oil-free and gluten-free.
- 3/4 cups almonds, very coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup (important for making these stick! other syrups do not work)
- 1 tablespoon prepared bbq sauce (preferably a smoky one)
- 1/4 teaspoon EACH ground cumin, garlic powder and fine sea salt
- Optional: 2 to 3 teaspoons unflavored vegan protein powder
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray or grease 10 cups of a standard muffin tin .
- In a medium bowl stir together all of the ingredients until blended. Divide evenly among prpeared cups. With moistened fingertips. Lightly press down mixture in cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes until almonds are fragrant and deep golden brown. Transfer tin to a cooling rack and cool completely in pan. Place the cooled tin in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Using the tip of a butter knife, remove pucks from pan.. Eat!
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days (unless it is hot and humid), the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Portable Power Pucks, snack
- Serving Size: 1 puck
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 61 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.7 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 3.8 g