No-bake vegan coconut protein bars, made with rice protein powder, coconut flour and oats. 8 grams protein and 141 calories each.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flake/shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup vanilla rice protein powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1–1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1–1/2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup (or maple syrup, or honey if not vegan)
- Grease or spray 5 cups of a standard size muffin tin.
- In a food processor, process the oats and flake coconut into a fine powder. Add the protein powder, coconut flour, and salt; pulse to combine. Add the applesauce, lime zest, lime juice, coconut oil and syrup; pulse until completely blended, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Divide dough into 5 equal portions; roll each into a ball. Press 1 ball into each prepared cup, tamping down with a measuring cup to flatten. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
Protein Powder: You can use the vanilla vegan protein powder of your choice. Keep in mind, though, that the formulas vary, so add more coconut flour (if too loose) or some water or nondairy milk if mixture is too stiff. You really can’t go wrong since it is no-bake!
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Category: power bar, snack, breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 round bar
- Calories: 141
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 103 mg
- Fat: 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 8 g