Grain-free, vegan, fudgy zucchini brownies made with almond butter and coconut flour! They taste decadent but are packed with nutrition.
- 3/4 cup smooth almond butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or syrup of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1–1/4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or spray 10 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, stir together the nut butter, syrup, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Stir in the zuchini, cocoa powder, coconut flour and baking soda until well blended. Stir in 4 tablespoons of the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared cups, smoothing tops with moist fingertips; sprinkle tops with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 24 to 28 minutes until set at edge (center may still look moist; do not overbake). Cool completely in tin set on a wire rack.
Storage: Store the brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for up to 6 months. The brownies will keep at room temperature for 1 to 2 days.
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 8.5 g
- Sodium: 178 mg
- Fat: 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 6.3 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg