- 1 cup nondairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 4 and 1/2 tablespoons natural cane sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used safflower oil)
- 2 and 1/4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 10 cups of a standard muffin tin with foil or paper liners.
- In a small cup or bowl, combine the milk and lemon juice. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, sugar, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the milk mixture, oil, poppy seeds, and lemon zest; stirring until blended and smooth. Divide batter evenly between prepared cups (they will only be about 1/3 full).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until browned and a toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in tin and then transfer muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Storage: Store the muffins in an airtight container at (cool) room temperature for 1 day, in the refrigerator for 5 days or the freezer for 6 months.
- Category: portable power pucks, muffins, breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 112
- Sugar: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 160.3 mg
- Fat: 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg