- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup rolled oats or 1/3 cup oat bran (certified GF, as needed)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Optional Stir-Ins or Toppings: Dried fruit, chopped fresh fruit, sliced bananas (to press on top) chocolate chips, seeds, chopped nuts, cacao nibs, vanilla, spices (e.g., ground cinnamon or ginger), additional sweetener
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease, line or spray 5 cups of a standard muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the quinoa, banana, oats (o oat bran) and optional salt until blended. Add any stir-ins, if using. Divide batter between prepared cups (add toppings, if using).
- Bake in the prehetaed oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and set at the centers. Transfer to wire rack and cool for 15 minutes and then remove from tin. Serve warm or cool completely.
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, the refrigerator for 2 weeks or freezer for 3 months.
Variation: Replace the mashed banana with an equal amount of unsweetened applesauce. Since applesauce is not as sweet as ripe bananas, you will most likely want to add a little bit of sweetener to taste.
- Category: Muffin, Snack, Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 1.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.3 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan quinoa muffins, 3-ingedient vegan muffins, no added sugar vegan muffins, vegan 3-ingredient banana muffins, oil-free, gluten-free