Baked, portable steel-cut oat cups, packed with apples and dried cranberries. Only 99 calories,each, they are vegan, gluten-free, and refined sugar free.
- The day before making these, place the oats in a bowl or container and fill with water to cover the oats by about 1/2 an inch. Refrigerate at least 12 hours. When ready to proceed, drain the oats, discarding water.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease or spray all 12 cups of a standard size muffin tin (or line with silicone or foil liners for easier removal; paper liners do not hold up well).
- In a medium bowl, combine the drained oats, apples and cranberries. Sprinkle with the psyllium, cinnamon, and salt; stir to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly between cups (cups will be nearly full). Pour 2 tablespoons of milk over each cupful of oats mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 24 to 27 minutes until tops are golden brown. Cool completely in tin before removing. Serve room temperature, chilled, or re-warmed (microwave for about 20 to 30 seconds).
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week or freezer for up to 3 months.
Baking Tip: Don’t fret if some of the liquid bubbles up on the sides of the cups as the bake; once you remove the pucks from the cups, the mess remains on the tin, not the pucks.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 88 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.7 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg