Healthy zucchini bread baked oatmeal, in convenient muffin form. They are vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, flourless, and scrumptious!
- 1–1/2 cups rolled oats (certified GF, as needed)
- 1–1/2 cups nondairy milk (I used plain almond)
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- 1 cup packed, finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1–1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- OPTIONAL STIR-INS: 1/4 cup chopped dried fruit, chocolate chips, raisins, nuts or seeds
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line (recommended), grease or spray 6 cups of a standard size muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients (including stir-ins, if using). Let stand 15 minutes while oven preheats and then divide evenly between prepared cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes until the centers feel set to the touch and the surface appears somewhat dry. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Remove the oat pucks and store as directed. Serve cold, room temperature, or rewarm in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds, as desired.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 6 months.
- Category: breakfast, snack
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 oat "muffin"
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 9.4 g
- Sodium: 140.5 mg
- Fat: 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.8 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: zucchini baked oatmeal, baked oatmeal muffins, vegan, oil-free, egg-free, dairy-free, low-calorie, clean eating, vegan baked oatmeal